Airfix #A14002 1/24
HAWKER HURRICANE MK.1
Entering service with 111 squadron in December 1937, the original fabric wings made way for metal ones by 1939. During the Battle of Britain, the average strength of fighter command was 1,326 Hurricanes compared to 957 spitfires. It was in a Hurricane that Flt. Lt. Nicholson gained fighter commands only Victoria Cross of the war, downing an enemy Messerschmitt Bf110, while his own aircraft was being engulfed with flames. After the Battle of Britain, the Hurricane went on to serve in the Far East, as well as the Desert and Eastern Front.
- Item Length – Without Packaging (cm)
- Item Height – Without Packaging (cm)
- Item Width – Without Packaging (cm)
- How many pieces will be found in the box opened by the customer?
- Item Scale
- 1:24 Scale
- Contents (what’s in the box) sets
- Sprues & decals
- Number of Scheme options
- Skill Level
- Flying Hours
- Wingspan (mm)